The Neumann KM 184 Microphone is a small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone that offers premium Neumann sound that’s both open and musical. A compact mic, the KM 184 is ideal for solo instruments, ensemble, and spot miking.
The KM 184 features a non-reflective nickel finish. All the KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal.
The KM 184 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power. Its 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response provide flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 184’s cardioid polar pattern provides a targeted pick up area and handles sound pressure levels up to 138dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Cardioid polar pattern
- KM 100 based output stage
- Compact rugged construction
- Black matt finish
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Capsule with cardioid pick-up pattern
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise (16dB A-weighted)
- Exceptionally high overload capacity (up to 138dB SPL before overload)
- Exceptionally clear sound reproduction free of coloration
- Very smooth frequency curves parallel to 0 degrees sound incidence
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency range
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: 16dB (DIN/IEC 651 dB-A), 25dB (CCIR 468-3 weighted)
- S/N ratio re:1Pa @ 1kHz, (CCIR 468-3 weighted) 69dB (S/N = 94dB – equiv. noise) A-weighted: 78dB
- Max SPL for less than 0.5% THD: 138dB
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (Max SPL-self noise): 122dB
- Requires 48V phantom powering +/-4 V